Saturday, February 15, 2014

Faux Roman Shades

A couple months ago, I stumbled across a tutorial for faux Roman shades.

How to Make a Roman Shade

These seemed like a perfect idea for our front door window and powder room window, since both are unusual sizes and would require custom blinds to cover.

I picked up the cheap vinyl mini blinds, and then selected my fabrics from Hobby Lobby. You will notice in the pictures that I made two sets of these - a cream and turquoise for the bathroom, and cream and black for the front door.



The hardest part of this project was all of the measuring required! I had to measure several times just to make sure I didn't mess it all up.



In the end, I am pretty pleased with the way these turned out. Each window treatment cost less than $25. I may end up switching them out for something a little more permanent and durable in the next couple years, especially if I get my hands on a sewing machine. But these get the job done and add some nice color to these rooms.

 


Finally, I added the finishing touch with some valances hanging over each of the shades to finish off the look. 


No comments:

Post a Comment